It is a requirement that before any Laser Treatment The Client reads and signs a consent form. This disclosure is simply to ensure there have been no changes with yourself and if there are any changes, the therapist can alter your treatment accordingly if necessary.
When you book in for Laser Hair Removal, we instantly send you a Consent Form, Pre & Post Treatment Guidelines, and also a Medical History Questionnaire via email. This is for you to fill in and sign prior to attending your appointment. In addition, when you arrive we will also conduct an Initial Treatment Form and for reoccurring appointments, a Reconscent Form.
Please be aware that some ailments and medication can affect healing of the skin and response to the laser. It is your responsibility to ensure that you inform your Laser Technician if you begin a course of medication or have any changes to your health.
At the time of booking you will receive confirmation of your booking instantly via email with your quote.
Prior to attending your first Laser Treatment, you will need to have a test patch for each area you intend on having treated. This initial test patch will cost £20. You will not be charged for multiple areas of patch testing unless it is on a separate appointment. This fee will be deducted from any treatment or course that you purchase.
When you book a course you will pay a £50 Non-Refundable deposit, and when you pay this deposit you are entering into a contract with Immaculate Makeup. For example, if your full treatment cost is £500, you would take a total of £70 off which would leave £430 to pay. This can be paid in full, or anything under £500 we are happy for The Client to pay this over the first 3 sessions, and for the last 3 there will be no charge. For any courses over £500 once again you can pay this in full or if it is easier for you, you can pay this over the first 4 sessions, and for the last 2 sessions there will be no charge.
If for any reason you do not arrive for your appointment or you do not give at least 24 hours notice to cancel an appointment there will be a 50% cancellation fee of the total amount payable on that day.
A 50% cancellation fee will also be charged if you arrive to your treatment and your skin is not suitable due to any kind of tan on the skin. If you are on a course and this is a free session you would then lose this session.
Please understand that sun exposure and sun beds on the treatment area are not recommended at all during your treatment course, and an application of total sun block must be used if exposure is unavoidable.
However if you do go in the sun we can treat you as long as it has been 4 weeks from sun exposure, equally do not expose your body to the sun for 4 weeks after laser hair removal treatments.
If you do attend an appointment with a natural sun tan you are running the risk of having to be put on a lower setting which could then impact the course of the treatments therefore you may require extra sessions.
Please understand that the last application of fake tan must be at least 2 weeks prior to your treatment to ensure no residue is present on the skin. However, after a couple of days of having the treatment when the follicles have closed you can then apply fake tan if you desire.
It is your responsibility to advise my operator of any exposure to the sun or sun bed before and during the treatment course. Failure to do so could have an adverse effect on your skin.
Please be aware that no waxing, plucking, threading or any method that involves removing hair by the root is acceptable throughout your treatment course. Shaving is the only acceptable form of hair removal.
Please shave the area to be treated 24-48 hours prior to attending your appointment.
For optimum results, you will need to have 6 treatments at the recommended settings which will vary depending on the area and you will need to attend every 4 to 8 weeks until the 6 sessions are complete. If the power is set lower at your request, please understand that the treatment may not be as effective.
Please be aware that you will need to be re-test patched on the area if you don’t return to the clinic within 12 month period. Please also understand that you will need to have a test patch on any new area you are considering for treatment.
Possible side effects of laser treatment are as followed:
– Redness, itching and swelling are common side effects immediately after treatment and can sometimes occur up to 2 weeks following treatment.
– It is usual and even desirable that there may be a fine, superficial brown scale or gravel rash on the skin the next day. This takes anything from a few days to a couple of weeks before totally disappearing.
– Hyperpigmentation (increased browning of the skin) may occur especially on darker skin types and may take months to return to normal. In very rare instances, may be permanent.
– Folliculitis (infected hair follicles) and acne can be stimulated with the laser especially on male beards, back and chests. Other treatment regions on females as well as males can also be affected.
– Bruising and delaying may occur post treatment especially if the skin is susceptible to bruise easily and suffers with circulation problems such as Reynauds Syndrome. If mottling occurs, mild cases may resolve over time, but in some cases it may be permanent.
– In rare circumstances, it has been known for laser hair removal to stimulate hair growth in surrounding areas. If this occurs, it may be necessary to discontinue treatment and discuss alternative methods of permanent reduction.
– There is a slight possibility that if the skin blisters a permanent mark may be left on the skin. Test patches are used to avoid overdosing the area to the extent that they may produce these undesirable effects.
– Please understand that if you fall pregnant during your treatment course, you will have to discontinue my treatment and re-commence post-pregnancy.
You have been fully informed of the risks that may be associated with laser hair removal as listed above and if you do have any questions, please feel free to contact The Clinic, or discuss any concerns with your Technician.
There is no warranty or guarantee has with your treatment; however we will do our best to give you the best possible results we can. It is possible that results might not come up to expectations or goals.
The Clinic will not be held financially liable provided treatments have been carried out in good faith. We do recommend a course of treatments. We hope we have fully explained in detail our fee structure and you understand that you are required to pay for your treatments prior to any procedures taking place. Should you wish to cancel the course the outstanding treatment value is non refundable.